Under our public liability policy, cover is provided for legal liability to pay all sums through compensation and all costs awarded against you for personal injury and property damage, occurring during the period of insurance and caused by an incident within the territorial limits in connection with your business as described, all in accordance with the terms and conditions of the policy.
(a) Public Liability The maximum liability in respect of any one claim, or a series of claims, for personal injury or property damage caused by or arising out of one event is $20,000,000.
(b) Product Liability The total aggregate liability during any one period of insurance for all claims arising out of your products will not exceed $20,000,000.
$0 – The Traders Voice policy has been negotiated for you with NO Excess
There is a list of common risks that most insurance policies won’t cover. While these are clearly stated in the policy document, most have limited exposure to your everyday activities.
More relevant exclusions are:
- Employment liability for personal injury. Your public liability policy won’t cover this. You must maintain appropriate workers compensation or similar statutory insurance where you engage permanent or casual employees.
- Property in custody or control. A limit of $100,000 will apply where you are found to be legally liable for damage to property in your physical or legal control. This limit will not apply to premises leased to or rented by you.
- Vehicles. Any vehicle that does not belong to you but is in your physical or legal control where damage occurs in a car park owned or operated by you, unless you own the car park for reward.
- Employees property. No liability will be covered.
Product exclusions you should know about:
- Product defect. Property damage to your products if the damage is attributable to any defect in the products or to their harmful nature or unsuitability.
- Product recall. Claims resulting from any loss or expense incurred by you for products withdrawn from the market, or from use, because of any known or suspected defect, deficiency or dangerous condition.
- Aircraft, watercraft and hovercrafts products/parts including drones. Cover does not apply.
Your best action is to read the policy document and contact us if you need any assistance.